Lip augmentation is applied to enlarge, plump, shape lips, and correct congenital or subsequent deformations. The way lip augmentation is made is designed completely for the person and the lip. As a matter of fact, the shape and face ratio of each lip is different. Injectable dermal filler method is the most preferred lip augmentation method. The most important issue in lip augmentation is to obtain an exaggerated appearance without deteriorating the naturalness of the appearance of the lip. One of the most beautiful aspects of lip fillers is that the result of the application is seen immediately. Although the results in Botox application are seen after a few days, lip filling shows its effect immediately.
What is Lip Filling? What is Botox Lip?
Lip augmentation is an aesthetic procedure that provides full lips. In other words, lip fillers are injections that give the lips a fuller appearance. Injections consist mainly of hyaluronic acid. Sometimes lip botox is also applied for a similar effect; however, lip botox cannot be considered as a dermal filler. Lip botox is applied by injecting botulinum toxin under the skin in order to remove wrinkles and lines on the lip.
What are the Types of Lip Fillers?
There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected around the lips and mouth. However, the most common fillers today are products containing substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is the basic structural material of the ligament found in the body. Vitality, brightness, moisture, color and skin tension are among the effects of hyaluronic acid. As a matter of fact, hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. This helps to increase the volume of the lips.
Collagen, once the most common dermal filler, is now used less frequently. Because the effects of new options are stronger. However, fat injections are a serious alternative to fillers. Implants are another method used to plump the lips. However, this method is not used very often today, because it has more side effects than current methods.
What are the benefits and advantages of lip fillers?
- Equalizes asymmetrical lip shapes
- Adds natural fullness to desired areas
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines on the lips and around the mouth
- Lip augmentation can be customized according to needs and wishes
- It gives a more youthful appearance.
- Creates a more distinctive smile.
- It can help to turn the corners of the mouth upwards.
- The treatment is non-invasive. You can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
On Which Points of the Lip Is Filling Applied?
Lip augmentation is not a standard application applied to the same area of everyone’s lips. Because some people want the lower lip and some people want the upper lip to have a fuller appearance. For example, in people with lower lip edges, this area can be supported to achieve a more aesthetic appearance.
It is important to pay attention to lip thickness in lip augmentation applications. Because lip thickness creates a different point for each person. As a matter of fact, the most suitable process for making lines and edges more prominent is shown as filling processes that provide medium thickness and elasticity.
How is Lip Filling (Filling the Lips) Made?
Injectable lip fillers are applied in an average of 15-30 minutes. Fat injection is an exception, as liposuction may be required to remove fat from another part of the body before the injection takes place.
Before injections, local anesthetic is used to relieve discomfort. Sometimes nerve block injections may also be given prior to treatment to completely numb the lips. Local anesthetic is similar to anesthetic injections taken at the dentist to numb the mouth. It is also important to ice the lips before injections. Because ice application helps to numb the area and prevent bruising and swelling. After carefully marking the areas to be injected, the filler is injected into the lips by using a 1 milliliter syringe. Following the injection, cold application is applied to relieve discomfort and control swelling. Lipstick or other lip products should be avoided immediately after filling the lips.
What Should Be Considered After Lip Filling?
- Your lips will likely swell after the procedure. You may also notice some redness or bruising at the injection sites. Most side effects will be minor.
- Then apply cold to your lips using an ice pack or preferably gel.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours after getting lip or other dermal fillers. High blood pressure and heart rate from exercise can make swelling or bruising worse. Light activities such as walking can be good.
- Drinking plenty of water will help your body heal.
- Avoid high temperatures such as steam rooms, saunas for 48 hours after treatment. Because high heat can make swelling more noticeable.
- Ask your doctor what pain relievers can be taken in the days after your treatment.
- Try to keep your head elevated on pillows to reduce swelling. Do not sleep face down.
- Smoking can increase the risk of infection, so not smoking and being around smokers should be avoided after lip fillers are applied.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided for at least 24 hours after lip augmentation.