Liposuction, also known as liposuction, is one of the most frequently applied aesthetic operations. The liposuction procedure, which is a regional fat removal technique, has terminological uses such as liposuction and liposaxin. In the liposuction method, fat removal takes place locally. In short, liposuction is not a weight loss method in general. liposuction; It is a surgery performed for the purpose of regional fat removal such as belly fat removal, belly fat removal, leg fat removal, inner leg fat removal, arm fat removal, jowl removal.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is an aesthetic surgery and regional shaping of the body is achieved with this surgery. Although some people have a stable body weight, there are too many fat cells in some areas such as the abdomen, hips, inner thighs, and this causes their bodies to be deformed. The problem of excess fat cells in these areas can be eliminated with a regional fat removal method. With liposuction, regional excess problems that diet and sports cannot provide a solution can be solved.
Fats taken by liposuction can be evaluated with the aim of shaping any area of the body after undergoing a special procedure. In short, the fats taken by liposuction can be used as a natural filler for problem areas in different parts of the body. E.g; The fat obtained after abdominal fat removal can be used for butt augmentation with fat injection or breast augmentation with fat injection if the person has a problem. Fats taken by liposuction can be used to shape any area of the body as well as to remove some wrinkles. Stem cells extracted from these oils can also be used in skin rejuvenation.
Who Is Liposuction Suitable For?
Liposuction is not a weight loss method. If there is a general problem of excess weight; that is, if the person is at the limit of obesity, liposuction is not recommended. In this case, diet and different weight loss techniques are required. In short, liposuction cannot be used for the treatment of obesity. The liposuction method is an ideal method for people who have too many fat cells and fat storage at certain points. The aim of liposuction surgery is to provide the desired aesthetic body contour with regional fat removal. Liposuction with liposuction can be applied to anyone, male or female, who has regional adiposity problems, who are not pregnant, who are over the age of 18, and who do not have significant diseases.
How Is Fat Removal With Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgery that provides a good shaping to the body as a result of removing regional excesses such as excess fat accumulation in the body. Liposuction is a liposuction procedure performed under general or local anesthesia in the operating room environment. The type of anesthesia in liposuction surgery is determined by the number of areas to be removed from the body and the width of the area.
Fat removal surgery is performed through cannulas that enter the body with very small incisions made in the area with regional fat deposition. In the liposuction technique, firstly, the fragmentation process is provided for the regional fat cells in the body. There are different types of shredding in the liposuction process. In the liposuction process, the fat cells are broken down first; because the oils become more fluid in this way and the oil is drawn more easily by vacuum. These cannulas for fat removal from the body are connected to a special vacuum system.
The cannulas used in the liposuction method are as thin as 2-5 millimeters. Vacuum system is operated and fat cells and fats; that is, excess fat is removed. Liposuction can continue until the planned body contour is achieved or the safe fat intake limit is reached. The duration of liposuction is shaped by the size and number of the area where liposuction will be performed.
In Which Areas Can Liposuction Be Applied?
Fat removal with liposuction; It can be applied to all areas with problems such as abdomen-belly, waist, leg, back, inner leg, arms, calf, hip-hip-chest, inner knee, under-chin. Liposuction can also be applied to an area with excess fat, depending on the condition of the person. For example, only belly fat removal, belly fat removal, leg fat removal, inner leg fat removal, arm fat removal, hip fat removal can be done.
According to the applied area, jowl liposuction is expressed as leg liposuction. Fat removal with liposuction can be done to some of these areas at the same time. Looking at the recently applied liposuction procedures, women mostly prefer abdominal fat removal and hip fat removal; men prefer waist fat removal, belly fat removal and breast fat removal.
What are the Types of Liposuction?
Fragmentation of adipose tissue in the liposuction process; that is, different techniques are applied to make it liquid. This determines the types of liposuction. The first type of liposuction is the mechanical technique; that is, it is the classical liposuction method. In the classical liposuction technique, the fat tissue is divided into tiny pieces and liquefied through cannulas. Then it is pulled out with vacuum and taken out of the body, and the liposuction process is completed.
Another fat removal technique is laser assisted liposuction. In the laser liposuction process, the fat is broken down by the laser given to the adipose tissue from this area and the same vacuum process is applied to provide fat removal. You can visit our page for detailed information about laser liposuction. The last technique is the ultrasonic liposuction technique. In this liposuction process, ultrasound waves are used to melt the fat. This method is also called vaser liposuction.
- A physical examination takes place before liposuction. In this examination, the distribution of the fat tissue in the body and the health status of the person is examined and it is evaluated whether he is really a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery.
- After it is decided that you are a suitable candidate for liposuction, a surgical planning is made for fat removal from the body.
- Liposuction planning is within the framework of the person’s complaints about regional lubrication and their expectations after liposuction.
- Photographs of the areas where liposuction will be applied on your body are taken to see the post-liposuction condition.
- Some medications should be discontinued before liposuction surgery. For this, tell your doctor about all the drugs you use in the pre-liposuction meeting. Generally, blood thinners are stopped 10 days before liposuction.
- Liposuction is a surgery. For this, it is important to quit smoking and alcohol use before liposuction.
- Eating should be stopped 6-8 hours before liposuction surgery.
- If general anesthesia is applied in liposuction liposuction, 1 night hospitalization may be required. If local anesthesia is applied in the liposuction procedure, the person can be discharged on the same day depending on his condition.
- There may be minimal pain after liposuction. This is quite normal. With the advice of the doctor, pain relief can be taken after liposuction surgery.
- After liposuction, a liposuction corset should be worn for a while to protect the body and support shaping.
- The recovery process after liposuction varies from person to person. Depending on the size of the treated area, rest is recommended for 2-14 days after liposuction surgery.
- If the person feels good and has the approval of his doctor, he can return to work 2-14 days after liposuction.
- Edema and bruising can be seen in the areas where liposuction is applied. Edema and bruises disappear after a period of 1-2 weeks after liposuction.
- Care should be taken not to eat salty foods after liposuction surgery. This type of nutrition can increase the edema problem after liposuction.
- In order to preserve the body shaping provided by liposuction, you should not include sugary and floury foods in your nutrition plan after liposuction.
- Alcohol and smoking should also be avoided in the post-liposuction period. Smoking and alcohol delay the healing time of the areas where liposuction is applied.
- After liposuction, the body takes its final shape within 2-3 months.