Because breast lift surgery alone cannot sometimes give the person the result of erect breasts and full breasts, or breast augmentation surgery alone cannot correct a problem such as sagging breasts.
In short, breast lift or breast augmentation techniques alone may not be sufficient for people with a structure such as small breasts and sagging breasts. In this case, a combination of breast lift and breast augmentation operations should be performed on the person. The desired breast aesthetic result is obtained with breast lift and augmentation operation.
What is Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Every woman experiences some changes in her body, especially in her breast structure, as she gets older. As every woman’s breast shape is different, the problems she experiences in this regard are also different. In many women, the appearance of full breasts and upright breasts can be replaced by a profile in the form of drooping breasts over time. Some women have constant problems because they have small breasts. For example, they always try to achieve the appearance of fuller breasts with supported, padded or push-up bras. Especially in summer, when they wear a bikini or swimsuit, they feel bad because they have small breasts.
Some women have both small breasts and are in trouble with sagging breasts. The coexistence of two problems, such as small breasts and drooping breasts, is twice the source of unhappiness for women. Breast lift and breast augmentation techniques can be applied together to women who experience these two problems together. In this combined surgery, breast sagging is corrected with breast lift, while a fuller breast model is provided by placing breast silicone prostheses in the same surgery. Whether or not these two operations will be applied together is determined according to the expectations of the person and the structure of the chest.
How is Breast Lift and Augmentation Surgery Performed?
Combining breast lift and breast augmentation techniques ensures maximum effect from the surgery for the right patient. With breast lift, the excess skin in the breast, which is described as drooping breasts, is removed and the nipple is moved higher than the areola. Upright breasts are obtained as a result of breast lift techniques. Although the breast shape of the woman has a structure expressed as small breasts, additional breast plumping procedures are applied to the breasts in the same operation. Breast augmentation is provided with the specified silicone prosthesis model.
The shape and style of the prosthesis is decided before the surgery. In this combined operation performed under general anesthesia; With the breast lift technique, an upright breast structure is provided, and a fuller breast form is achieved with silicone prostheses. Breast lift and augmentation surgery takes 2-3 hours. At the end of the surgery, the desired breast lift or breast lift effect is created directly.
Before Breast Lift and Augmentation Surgery
A family history of breast cancer should be questioned before breast aesthetics. For this, some breast examinations such as ultrasound or mammography are requested, depending on the history and the age of the person. After the breast examination, a planning is made for the new breast shape within the framework of the patient’s expectations. During this planning, you can share your expectations from breast lift and augmentation surgery with your doctor.
Smoking should be stopped at least 3 weeks before the breast lift and augmentation operation. Smoking can pose a risk to blood circulation. It can also affect the recovery process after surgery, such as breast lift and breast augmentation surgery.
Some drugs with blood thinning effects and supplementary foods such as vitamins are discontinued for a while before the surgery. Do not forget to inform your doctor about all medications and vitamin supplements you use before breast lift and augmentation surgery. You must stop eating at least 8 hours before the surgery.
After Breast Lift and Augmentation Surgery
- After breast lift and augmentation surgery, it is necessary to stay in the hospital for 1 day. During this period, a drain is inserted to prevent blood and fluid accumulation, and this drain is removed at discharge.
- It is recommended to rest for 7 days after the operation. Depending on the condition of the person, a period of antibiotic treatment can be applied against the risk of infection.
- If dissolving stitches are not used, the stitches are removed 10 days after the surgery.
- You should not smoke after breast lift and breast augmentation surgery. Smoking affects the amount of oxygen going to the healing tissue and prolongs the healing process. Delayed healing
- of wounds can cause incision scars to be permanent.
- After the operation, bathing can be done on the 3rd or 4th day. Extremely hot water should not be used while taking a shower.
- After the operation, the chest should be protected from blows. Do not lift heavy, do not do heavy sports and sudden movements. Be careful not to make movements with your arms, such as
- reaching for high places.
- After breast lift and breast augmentation, you need to pay attention to your sleeping position for a while. Lying face down puts pressure on the chest area. Do not lie face down for this.
- Avoid activities such as solarium, pool, sauna for approximately 2 months.
- Protect your chest area from the sun as much as possible after the surgery.
- The use of the recommended sports bra after surgery supports the ideal breast shape profile. Sports bras should be worn regularly for at least 1 month.
- At least 3 weeks must pass for sexual intercourse.
- If sports such as fitness, pilates or swimming will be performed, it can be started 2 months after the operation.
- After breast lift and breast augmentation surgery, light-paced walks can be done without excessive arm movements.
- After the breast lift and breast augmentation surgery, the desired breast shape profile becomes desired, that is, the full recovery process takes 6 months.