Belly problem in women is an important issue in terms of a fit body image. Mini abdominoplasty; In other words, mini tummy tuck surgery provides a solution to this problem in a short time. With mini tummy tuck, excess fat in the abdomen and waist area is removed and excess skin in the lower belly area is removed. Thus, the saggy belly appearance is removed and the person achieves the abdominal aesthetics he/she dreams of. Mini tummy tuck surgery is also called honeymoon tummy tuck surgery.
What is Mini Abdominoplasty?
Mini tummy tuck surgery is a surgery that is effective in mild or moderate abdominal sagging problem. Mini tummy tuck surgery does not provide an effect for people who are overweight or on the border of obesity. In the mini abdominoplasty operation, no operation is performed on the part above the umbilicus. Only the abdominal region, called the lower belly, is intervened. First, excess fat is removed from the lower abdomen. Then, tummy tuck flattening is achieved and the person gets the flat and fit tummy appearance they want.
What Causes Abdominal Sagging?
All reasons such as excessive weight gain with wrong nutrition, excess weight gain during pregnancy, continued irregular eating habits after pregnancy, inability to lose weight, sedentary life, and not doing sports can all cause fat in the abdominal region. Weight gain leads to volumetric expansion, especially in the abdominal region. In short, the skin of the abdomen expands and grows.
After intense weight gain, the tissues are deformed and the connective tissues that make the abdominal skin look tense loosen. As lubrication increases, sagging of the abdomen begins to appear. In the belly area that is stretched more than 10 cm, the problem of sagging of the abdomen becomes inevitable. In this case, a solution is sought with surgeries such as mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck.
To Whom Is Mini Abdominoplasty Applied?
Not every patient with sagging abdomen is suitable for mini tummy tuck surgery. There are some criteria for patient selection in mini abdominoplasty surgery. Mini tummy tuck; In other words, mini abdominoplasty is a tummy tuck aesthetic recommended for people who have lubrication in the middle and lower abdomen and who also experience sagging of the abdomen in the lower belly area. In short, the problem of excess fat and sagging skin is just below the belly button; that is, people in the lower belly area are suitable candidates for this surgery.
It is sometimes very difficult to eliminate the problem of dense skin sagging in the abdomen after weight loss with sports. Women often have a saggy belly appearance after weight loss or may experience problems such as sagging belly after childbirth. A mini tummy tuck may be recommended for these people.
A mini tummy tuck is also a tummy tuck preferred by people whose belly button is higher than normal. If only in the lower abdomen; that is, if you have a problem with fat and sagging skin in the lower belly area, you can get rid of this problem with mini abdominoplasty.
How is Mini Abdominoplasty Performed?
In mini tummy tuck surgery, first of all, excess fat in the lower belly area is removed by liposuction. If there is an aesthetic need within the framework of the mini tummy tuck procedure, liposuction can also be applied to the entire abdomen and waist area. After the excess fat is removed from the abdomen, the sagging skin tissue and abdominal muscles in the lower belly area are pulled down and a tummy tuck is provided.
In mini tummy tuck surgery, the incision is made in the abdomen to remain within the underwear area. Although this incision varies according to the abdominal profile of the person, it is usually a small incision of 10-15 cm. The sagging abdominal skin is lifted from the abdominal wall up to the navel. In this process, if the patient has a problem, the loosened abdominal muscles are intervened and sutured. Then the lower part of the abdominal wall is also firmly tightened.
How Long Does a Mini Abdominoplasty Take?
Mini tummy tuck surgery is a surgery performed under general anesthesia. Removal of excess fat in the lower abdomen and the duration of the tummy tuck operation may vary from person to person. Liposuction and tummy tuck surgery usually takes place within 2-3 hours.
The operations to be performed determine the duration of the operation. Some patients receive fat; that is, liposuction may not be required. In this case, the duration of the mini tummy tuck operation is completed in the range of 1-2 hours. However, if liposuction is performed on a larger area or with the addition of different aesthetic procedures, the duration of mini abdominoplasty may be prolonged. After the mini tummy tuck surgery, the person is asked to stay overnight in the hospital.
What is the Difference Between Mini Abdominoplasty and Whole Abdominoplasty?
Mini tummy tuck surgery is a stretching surgery performed on the loose and sagging abdominal skin by losing its tension in the lower abdomen. In this context, a smaller incision is made compared to all tummy tuck surgery. This incision is similar in size to a cesarean section scar. In short, in mini tummy tuck surgery, a small incision is made on the lower belly line. This incision is shorter than all tummy tuck surgery. In mini tummy tuck surgery, the belly button is not moved.
Mini abdominoplasty is completed in a shorter time than full tummy tuck surgery. The recovery process of mini tummy tuck surgery is faster than a full tummy tuck, as a smaller incision is made. The recovery period is also shorter than the full tummy tuck surgery. After mini tummy tuck surgery, the person can return to social and business life more quickly.
How is it decided to be a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck?
The decision whether to perform a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck is made after evaluating the lubrication and skin sagging in the abdomen. A mini abdominoplasty is recommended only if the person has excess skin in the lower belly area. If the problem of sagging of the abdomen is more and there is sagging on the belly button, a full tummy tuck is recommended.
Before Mini Abdominoplasty
- Inform your doctor about your general health and all the medications you use before the mini tummy tuck surgery.
- Blood thinners should be discontinued before surgery.
- Before mini tummy tuck surgery, do not drink tea with blood thinning properties such as herbal tea.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption approximately 3 weeks before mini tummy tuck surgery.
- Do not consume foods that may cause constipation 2-3 days before the surgery.
- Before the mini tummy tuck surgery, all necessary analyzes and examinations are performed.
- Do not do shock diets for excessive weight loss before tummy tuck surgery.
After Mini Abdominoplasty
- After mini tummy tuck surgery, the abdomen is covered with dressing. A drain is inserted after surgery to prevent blood and fluid accumulation. This resistor is removed at discharge.
- Corset use is required after mini tummy tuck surgery. This corset, which will protect the abdominal region, should be worn continuously for approximately 6 weeks.
- After the mini tummy tuck surgery, there may be a feeling of tension in the surgical incision area. After the first week, this tension in the abdominal region passes.
- Do not force your abdominal area to walk upright in the first days after mini abdominoplasty.
- There may be pain after surgery. These pains are quite normal and mild. These pains can be controlled with the recommended painkillers.
- After the mini tummy tuck, the hygiene of the incision area should be paid attention and the dressings should not be interrupted.
- Some people may need to use antibiotics after mini tummy tuck surgery. Your doctor will inform you about this.
- Pay attention to your lying position, especially in the first week after mini tummy tuck surgery. Do not sleep face down. Try to sleep on your back in a more upright position.
- Put a pillow under your knees when lying down. Lie down with your legs bent at the hips. This position prevents stretching of the operated area in the abdomen.
- You can take a bath on the 3rd day after mini tummy tuck surgery.
- It is recommended to rest at home for 7 days after a mini tummy tuck. After 7 days, you can return to social and non-heavy business life.
- Do not lift heavy items for the first 2 months after this tummy tuck surgery in the lower belly area.
- Sports activities can only be started after a period of 2 months after mini tummy tuck surgery. Start exercising without your doctor’s approval.
- Dissolving sutures or tissue adhesives are used in mini abdominoplasty surgery. For this, there is no plus operation such as removing the stitches.
- Incision scars for mini tummy tuck surgery become more evident during the first 3-6 months; but over time, these scars on the abdomen become more obscure.
- Follow a diet that will allow the intestines to work comfortably after the surgery and consume foods that do not cause gas problems.