With leg stretching surgery, upper leg thinning and lower leg thinning effect are achieved. Problems such as fat in the leg and sagging of the inner leg are eliminated with thigh lift operation. With leg stretching aesthetics, a more fit and tighter appearance is obtained in the legs.
What Causes Leg Sagging?
The leg area that descends from the hip to the knee is called the thigh. In short, the upper leg area is also called the thigh. The skin in the thigh area is slightly thinner than other areas. For this reason, problems such as sagging or cracking in the upper leg area can be seen more easily. Sagging in the thigh area; that is, inner leg sagging begins to be seen more often with advancing age. Intra-leg sagging is inevitable after excessive weight gain and loss. Especially after bariatric surgery, people experience leg sagging as the fat tissue in the thigh region decreases after weight loss. Pregnancy is also a condition that can cause sagging in the legs.
For all these reasons, especially the upper leg skin loses its taut appearance over time and the subcutaneous fat tissue becomes thinner. These effects lead to sagging of the leg skin in the inner part of the upper leg area called the thigh. While sagging in the legs is in the middle of the thigh area at first, it turns into a pile up towards the knee over time. With the increase in the problem of inner leg sagging, the person needs leg stretching aesthetics.
What Kind of Problems Cause Leg Sagging?
Leg sagging is an important problem that affects a person’s daily life comfort. Especially people who experience sagging of the inner legs feel uncomfortable because their two legs are rubbing against each other while walking. Inner leg sagging can also cause skin problems such as irritation, rash and fungus, regardless of summer or winter periods.
People with upper leg sagging may use upper legs such as bikinis, shorts, and mini skirts in summer; that is, they cannot wear the clothes that will show the thigh area because they have aesthetic concerns. In short, people with inner leg sagging may experience problems in terms of both their aesthetic appearance and daily life comfort. Upper leg; In other words, fluctuation and sagging problems in the skin in the thigh area make women feel very unhappy and uncomfortable, regardless of their age.
What is Leg Lift Surgery?
Leg stretching, also known as thigh lift surgery, is an aesthetic surgery that eliminates the problem of leg sagging. With the thigh stretching operation, the excess skin resulting from the fat in the leg and inner leg sagging is removed.
Fat in the legs causes the legs of the person to appear thick. In this process, which is planned according to the condition of the person, if the person does not have sagging legs and the problem is fat in the leg, Liposuction can be recommended instead of leg stretching surgery. If only the fat in the leg is excessive, sometimes leg liposuction alone can be effective for leg thinning aesthetics. This is decided after evaluating the person’s inner leg prolapse during the examination.
If the person has excess fat on the leg and sagging of the inner leg, in this case, liposuction and thigh stretching surgery are also performed together. In other words, leg lift surgery and leg liposuction can be combined. For this, the excess fat and skin quality in the thigh area of the person are examined in detail before the leg lift surgery.
How is Leg Lift Surgery Performed?
With thigh lift surgery, excess fat and sagging skin in the inner region of the upper legs are removed to provide an aesthetic appearance. Thigh lift surgery performed under general anesthesia takes 2-3 hours on average, although it varies according to the condition of the person. With the leg stretching surgery, the sagging skin is recovered, especially after the stretching of the upper leg skin. In this process, the fat in the leg is removed by liposuction.
In leg lift surgery, a vertical incision is made from the groin line to the midsection of the leg, and the excess skin is removed from this incision. With this incision, the inner surface of the leg is stretched by pulling the skin upwards. In some people, skin sagging in the leg area is sometimes only in the groin area. In this case, skin sagging is removed with an incision hidden in the bikini area. After leg lift surgery, the person needs to be hospitalized for one day.
Before and After Leg Lift Surgery
- Before leg lift surgery, blood thinners should be discontinued. For this, inform your doctor about all the medicines you use.
- It is important to quit smoking at least 3 weeks before thigh lift surgery.
- All examinations and tests required for the leg stretching operation are performed before the operation.
- You can stand up on the same day after leg lift surgery; however, you will be discharged from the hospital one day later.
- Intense movements especially affecting the leg area should be avoided for at least 7 days after the surgery.
- Heavy sports should not be done for 1 month after leg stretching surgery.
- Dissolving sutures are used in leg lift surgery. There is no need for stitches to be removed later for this.
- A special corset covering the leg area after surgery should be used for the recommended time. The period of wearing the corset after leg lift surgery is usually 4-6 weeks.
- Incision scars for thigh lift surgery are evident during the first 3 months; however, over time these traces become more obscure.
- Attention should be paid to the hygiene of the stretched leg area.
- There may be mild bruising or swelling in the operation area after leg lift. These are temporary and normal effects after thigh lift surgery. Post-operative bruising and swelling go away within 1-2 weeks.
- There may be mild pain after leg lift surgery. These pains can be controlled with pain medications.
- Bathing should not be done for 2 days after leg lift surgery.
- After thigh lift surgery, 7 days of home rest is recommended. The person can return to work life after 7 days.
- After the leg stretching surgery, after a period of 6 months, the leg area takes its final shape.